An Apple Store in Leidseplein square in Amsterdam has been evacuated and temporarily closed on Sunday after an iPad battery overheated and almost exploded, releasing potentially harmful vapors into the air.
According to iCulture, there was an incident reported on Sunday afternoon by the employees of Apple’s Amsterdam store in Leidseplein square, which was reportedly caused by an iPad whose battery started leaking and emanating potentially hazardous toxins into the air.
The staff and customers were immediately evacuated after the incident, and three of the Amsterdam Apple Store employees suffered from respiratory problems due to the vapors emitted by the overheated battery. “Probably there is a leaking battery pack,” said an Apple Store spokesperson for the fire brigade.
Drie mensen onwel door geëxplodeerde iPad in Ap… (read more)